[tproxy] MAC and VLAN transparency

KOVACS Krisztian hidden at sch.bme.hu
Wed Jul 18 11:53:20 CEST 2007

  Hi,

On h, júl 16, 2007 at 03:51:28 -0600, Cameron Schaus wrote:
> - how can I access the latest version of this code?  Is there a
>   repository I can checkout the source from?
> - how stable is this code?  Is it ready for production?

  I don't know how far Balazs got since the end of May, but it was
certainly not production-ready by that time (it wasn't heavily tested).

> - what does the userspace code look like?
>   From reading the patches, I would expect something like
>
>   fd = socket(...)
>   setsockopt( fd, SOL_IP, IP_TRANSPARENT, 0, 0 )
>   bind( fd, foreign_address, ... )
>   connect(...) or listen(...)

  Yes, something like this should do. You'll probably need to set
IP_FREEBIND, too (or enable the ip_nonlocal_bind sysctl globally) to be
able to bind to a foreign address.

--
KOVACS Krisztian