[tproxy] reuse connection

Eyal Rundstein EyalR at Radware.com
Wed Jan 17 13:26:41 CET 2007

Hi,
I am using kernel 2.4.32 with TPROXY 2.0.5.
My application is a transparent proxy.
My client opens a connection to the proxy and a transparent connection
is opened to the server. Now my application closes the server connection
and FIN is sent to the server. The server does not reply with FIN. (it
is down). The connection goes to FIN_WAIT1 state (netstat).
The client connection stays open and I try to reestablish the backend
connection with the same client (source IP/port) parameters.
The problem is that I can not reestablish the connection for about 60-80
seconds.
It seems that the entry of the connection is not cleared so I can not
reuse the connection.

1) Is there a way I can delete the entry as soon as the FIN is sent?
2) Is there a timeout I can change to shorten the time I need to wait
before reusing the connection?

Thanks in advance,
E.R