[tproxy] Patching iptables via apt-build

Matt Miller tproxy at mattmillersf.fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 28 19:57:44 CET 2007

> >  trying to patch iptables using the debian tool  apt-build ... the
> >  resulting .deb package doesn't know that the new libipt_TPROXY.so
> >  library is supposed to be part of the package after the patch
>
> I have done it "manually":
>
> apt-get source iptables ...

Thanks, your build instructions appeared to work, but I'm still
missing something.  I get the the following error when I try to use my
new iptables:

mmiller at xpc3:/usr/src$ sudo iptables -t tproxy -A PRblue\
>  -p tcp --dport 80 -j TPROXY --on-port 50080
iptables v1.3.6: Unknown arg `--on-port'

The .deb that I build does not seem to know about
/lib/iptables/libipt_tproxy.so or /lib/iptables/libipt_TPROXY.so.
Neither of these files is listed when I  use "dpkg --contents" to list
the package's files.  extensions/libipt_tproxy.c and
extensions/libipt_TPROXY.c are in the iptables build tree after the .deb
is built, but the .deb doesn't seem to include the corresponding
libraries.  In fact, these libraries are not installed when I use "dpkg
-i" to install the package.