[tproxy] Tproxy on bridge interface

Daniel tooldcas at 163.com
Fri Dec 21 10:14:32 CET 2007

>Hi,
>
>On cs, dec 20, 2007 at 02:25:55 +0800, Daniel wrote:
>> But I have not done the same thing with tproxy-4.0.4, because these two
>> version are totally incompatible. I prefer tproxy-4.1.0 than the old one
>> because it can run on bridge mode without any extra hacking :-)
>
>Have you actually tried running tproxy 4.1.0 on a bridge? That's something
>I haven't tested at all so this is good news. Does it work the same way as
>the old tproxy (eg. all you have to do is to force ebtables to route those
>packets)?

Yes. I have been testing it since last week and it works fine.

But as I mentioned in my last mail, I did hack the br_input code to set packets
to type PACKET_HOST. I think if we use '-j redirect' instead of '-j DROP', we don't
need to do this. I will test it once I have time.

I rewrited skaidrus[1] and made it my HTTP proxy, and I can see:

   * we do not need NAT any more;
   * we do not need to getsockopt(fd, SOL_IP, SO_ORIGINAL_DST, &addr, &addrlen)
        to fetch original destination IP (one getpeername syscall is OK);
   * we get only one conntrack entry for each session and conntrack (interesting)

[1]skaidrus is a an example transparent proxy application written by Lennert Buytenhek.

>--
>KOVACS Krisztian

Regards

Daniel