[tproxy] tproxy4, kernel 2.6.22 and squid-2.6.stable13

Ming-Ching Tiew mingching.tiew at redtone.com
Thu Dec 6 03:11:05 CET 2007

From: "KOVACS Krisztian" <hidden at sch.bme.hu>

> Could you try if applying the attached patch on top of 4.0.3 helps you
> with SNAT? (The patch is completely untested but at the moment I can't do
> any testing.)

I have got more conclusive testing results now after doing
further isolation of the problem :-

1. The packet path for SNAT works now.

2. The packet path without SNAT has problem working together
    with 'mangle' table OUTPUT chain ( maybe also with other chains
    in the mangle table as well).

    It happens that I have iptables command which mark the packets
    on the OUTPUT chain, then squid will fail to work. If I flush the
    entire OUTPUT chain in the mangle table, then squid will work.

    However I am doing policy routing, I hope to use the fwmark
    to route the packets accordingly.

    I guess it is because tproxy is sharing the mark values with all
    other packet mark and as soon as something else is making a mark,
    it will mess up tproxy ?

Regards