[tproxy] TPROXY + Arp Table

Jojy Varghese jojygv at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 00:24:40 CEST 2007

Thanks Bazsi. In a real life scenario, where my proxy server will be inside a firewall how can the proxy server make the routing decision? The trafic is always going to flow through the firewall/router and then come to the subnet having the proxy server.

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 11:01 -0700, Jojy Varghese wrote:
> Hi
>     I was trying the example
 code given with the patch and couldnt get
> it to work. Upon tcpdump'ing the packets, I found out that my
> firewall(Cisco) sends out a ARP request for the FOREIGN IP address i
> am masquerading the request as and after that the packet is dropped.
> How do I get around this problem? I am sure this is nothing unusual
> setting and I might be missing something fundamental here.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.

the masquaraded IP address must be routed through the TProxy box.

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.

Got a little couch potato?