[tproxy] TPROXY + Cisco Firewall

Jojy Varghese jojygv at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 00:28:07 CEST 2007

Hi all
    I am a newbie who is trying to "proxy" using the tproxy
patch. I am unable to get the client IP proxied after doing all the
changes mentioned on the README file. In short, here are the things i
did so far:

1. Applied the kernel patch and compiled it and have it deployed
2. I have done the user space changes of iptables
3.
I have verified my changes by creating a REDIRECTION rule in the tproxy
chain (can list my iptable changes by doing "iptables -t tproxy -L")
4. Done the code changes as mentioned in the example section of the patch download.

After doing all the above steps, when I run my proxy server I dont get
a response back at my client. When I "tcpdump" my interface, I see the
requests do come but then all of them gets "RST" ed.

  Now mu traffic goes through a Cisco firewall. Does
that have something to do with it? If no, then what are some of the
troubleshooting ideas?

thanks in advance
Jojy

Got a little couch potato?