[tproxy] TProxy version 4.0.0 released

Cameron Schaus cam at schaus.ca
Wed Aug 8 22:38:24 CEST 2007

KOVACS Krisztian wrote:
> If you configure ARP properly, then it should work. Definitely worth
> investigating... Do you have any clue _where_ things might go wrong inside
> the kernel? (It looks like the packet does get up to routing, but then the
> socket is somehow not found and the kernel tries to forward it.
I speculate that the problem lies with the interface checking during
socket lookup.  I speculate that when the outgoing socket is created,
the interface is the bridge interface, br0.  When the packets arrive
through the bridge, the bridge may set the interface the the physical
interface the packet arrived on, eth0 or eth1.  Hence the prerouting
socket lookup won't find the socket.  This is a guess right now.  I will
attempt to verify this is the case soon.

Cam