[tproxy] TPROXY 2.0.5 with NAT reservations deadlocks on 2.4.33.3

KOVACS Krisztian hidden at balabit.hu
Sat Dec 30 22:47:26 CET 2006

  Hi,

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 13:44, Lior Dotan wrote:
> I'm running TPROXY 2.0.5 compiled with the NAT reservations patch on
> 2.4.33.3.
>
> From time to time the machine freezes. I was able to capture the
> following stack trace:

[...]

> Is this a known issue with TPROXY 2.0.5?

  No, it isn't. I've looked into the problem and it seems to be a locking
problem involving expectation removal code paths being called with the
NAT lock held from ip_nat_used_tuple()...

  Unfortunately I do not have a correct fix yet, but two possible
workarounds are:

  - not applying the nat_delete patch
  - applying the attached patch on top of all those found in tproxy 2.0.5

--
 Regards,
  Krisztian Kovacs