[tproxy] Fail to REDIRECT (of nat table)

KOVACS Krisztian hidden at balabit.hu
Mon Oct 10 10:50:32 CEST 2005

  Hi,

On Friday 07 October 2005 03.05, wckwon wrote:
> My network daemon program can't receive any packet from iptables's
> REDIRECT after patching cttproxy-2.6.12-2.0.2.tar.gz.
>
> (So, I tried it in Fedora kernel(2.6.12-1.1376_FC3). It was worse.
> The system was halting without any message.)

> Device Network state : Bridge
>
> bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
>
> br0             8000.00d06809c827       no              eth3
>
>                                                          eth1

  Maybe this is because of some strange interaction between bridging and
netfilter introduced in recent 2.6.12 kernels. Could you check if
REDIRECT works if you're not using a bridge interface? (Please try
disabling bridging in your config completely.)

  Also, you could try if upgrading to the latest 2.6.12 stable kernel
(2.6.12.6) helps. I'll also try to release a tproxy patch for 2.6.13
soon.

--
 Regards,
  Krisztian Kovacs