[tproxy] TPROXY / Zorp on READHAT 9

TEJAS VORA TEJAS VORA <voratejas@gmail.com>
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:35:19 -0700

Hi,

I have already sent a mail to Info Team but I havent got any response
yet. We are developing a gateway which provides the functionality to
improve TCP communication in Wireless network through a kernel code
change.

Now we are running our gateway in full bridge mode and to push TCP
traffice up in the stack - we want to use the proxy on the gateway
machine - so that all interested traffice will be pushed up in the
stack till TCP layer.

For this reason, we want to try Zorp and TPROXY on out machine. For
that reason right now I am trying Zorp GPL / TPROXY on our machine.

We want to support

- source IP NOT Changing (becuase of IP authentication)
- We want to support more than 1000 sessions at a same time - so
performance  is  a critical issue
- While sending FTP data back to client - source port should remain 20
(ftp-data)

Out machine config is:

READHAT 9 - kernel 2.4.20-8 - clean and full installation

I have downloaded the latest kernel pacth for TPROXY from your site.
(I couldnt find one for 2.4.20-8) While I am trying to patch kernel
source - some of the file are missing - like - ip_nat_amanda.c -
whether it is okay? While trying to build modules - it is not working.

Also, I patch iptables source - and trying to work with it - it
compile fine - but when I try to use -j TPROXY - it says -
libipt_TPROXY.so module not found.

Now here I am really stranded and not able to do anything - I guess
mainly becuase of version conflict - or some other reason.

So please help me on this as soon as possible - so that we can test
the product and decide on buying professional product.

Looking for response ASAP.

Thanks,
Tejas