[tproxy] tproxy on bridge

eric_li@trend.com.tw eric_li@trend.com.tw
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 07:49:03 +0800

Oh?!
I didn't try it in bridge mode.
When I saw the README file, the command is=0D

    iptables -t tproxy -A PREROUTING -j TPROXY --on-port <proxyport>

iptables won't see packets in bridge mode, unless you enable
CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER option, right?

So, for tproxy to work in bridge, we must enable this option?

Regards,
Eric Li

-----Original Message-----
From: Lennert Buytenhek [mailto:buytenh@wantstofly.org]=0D
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 2:27 AM
To: Eric Li (RD-TW)
Cc: tproxy@lists.balabit.hu
Subject: Re: [tproxy] tproxy on bridge

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 12:05:04AM +0800, eric_li@trend.com.tw wrote:

> Hi,

Hello,

> It seems to me that tproxy works on router (IP layer).
> Is there any plan to support bridge mode?

It works for me quite nicely in bridge mode.  If you can describe what
problems
you are seeing, perhaps we can fix them.

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential=
 and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection.=
 If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or=
 disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail=
 or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.