[tproxy] Re: Development version 1.9.2 released - Oops

James MacLean macleajb@ednet.ns.ca
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:35:58 -0400 (AST)

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, KOVACS Krisztian wrote:

>   Hi,
> On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 18:52, James MacLean wrote:
> > This happened only once. But we have only brought up a kernel with it
> > today :). It appeared to occur when an iptables cmd was issued. Since then
> > (and the PC rebooting) we have not had it happen. We are not using the
> > tproxy filter yet.
>   Hmm, looks strange, it crashed when initializing the iptable_nat
> module, while allocating memory. I'll take a look at it, however, I'd
> need your kernel config (or at least the Netfilter-related parts).

Hi Kovacs,

I have applied the patches to a 2.6.4 kernel I run at home. On that PC I
can not get it to blow up like the machines at work. One big difference is
that the work machines are SMP and this home one is only a single
processor ;). Might help.

I have not tried the patches on the released 2.6.4 running on the SMP PCs
a work.

>   Unfortunately I can't help more regarding Squid. Please contact Gianni
> Tedesco for more information.

Thanks aain, I have e-mailed him.

take care,
JES