[syslog-ng] One destination, multiple TCP connections?

Steve Bernacki steve at copacetic.net
Thu Jun 8 11:04:53 UTC 2023

Hello,

We have a syslog TCP destination that receives logs from many different
destinations. During peak log volume times, this destination begins to
back up and queue. We've found that if we define multiple destinations
for the same IP/port and route logs through these multiple destinations,
the destination is able to handle these peak log volume times much better.

Our current solution of having a destination for each source is pretty
kludgy. Is there a way to define a TCP destination and specify to open,
say, 10 connections to the destination and load balance the traffic over
those 10 connections?

Thanks.
Steve