[syslog-ng] Local sources seem not to be working

John Kristoff jtk at dataplane.org
Tue Nov 1 05:58:29 UTC 2022

I've occasionally seen problems, and am running into one now, where
logs aren't being delivered and exhibiting similar behavior as
described in this thread.  systemd-journal seems to be a common
theme, but in my cases I seem to run into problems when syslog-ng is
running in an OpenVZ virtual container environment. Is that possibly
the case here Alex?

I have to do some more debugging myself and if I find any clues I'll
report back in case we're experiencing something similar.  What I've
seen is almost like an apparmor issue, but I've not found any obvious
connection to that yet.

John