[syslog-ng] where did you switch from CentOS 8 Linux?

Peter Czanik (pczanik) Peter.Czanik at oneidentity.com
Wed Mar 16 10:54:50 UTC 2022

Hi,

By now I hope anyone who used CentOS 8 Linux proper previously switched to something else. If the question in the subject of my e-mail surprises you, please read the announcement about making CentOS 8 Linux End of Life by the end of 2021: https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/ By now all repositories are removed as well.

Question: Where did you switch? RHEL or a compatible release by Rocky Linux, AlmaLinux? CentOS 8 Stream, the rolling pre-release of RHEL? Or something completely different, like openSUSE or FreeBSD?

You can answer here or on my Twitter poll: https://twitter.com/PCzanik/status/1504034771944493056

Background: For years roughly 80% of syslog-ng users ran RHEL / CentOS & compatibles. This is expected to change now. Some stay on traditional RHEL (& compatible) releases, some move to Stream, some to something completely different. Your answer helps me to decide where to focus my effort as a syslog-ng packager.

Peter

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at oneidentity.com>
Balabit (a OneIdentity company) / syslog-ng upstream
https://syslog-ng.com/community/
https://twitter.com/PCzanik