[syslog-ng] Multiple options blocks

Laszlo Varady (lvarady) Laszlo.Varady at oneidentity.com
Sat Apr 2 14:09:59 UTC 2022

Hi,

The options{} block is for global configuration options only. Specifying multiple global options in separate files does not have file-local effects, all of those options will be merged and used as one global.

Global options have their local counterparts, they can be specified for each syslog-ng object (source, destination, rewrite, filter, parser, etc.).

My understanding is that you want to avoid repeating the same options for a group of syslog-ng objects. This is currently not supported out-of-the-box, but you can write customizable SCL blocks to achieve similar results.
An example of a SCL source that has a lot of parameters with specific defaults:
https://github.com/syslog-ng/syslog-ng/blob/master/scl/default-network-drivers/plugin.conf

--
László Várady