[syslog-ng] CentOS Stream

Peter Czanik (pczanik) Peter.Czanik at oneidentity.com
Wed Mar 3 07:19:47 UTC 2021

Hi,

CentOS is right now the most popular platform to run syslog-ng. On the other hand, they are shifting focus to CentOS Stream: https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/ Due to these changes many people are looking now for alternative platforms. Replacements for regular CentOS releases are under way: AlmaLinux is already in RC phase, Rocky Linux is arriving soon. I heard many people switching to openSUSE. And of course, there are also non-rpm alternatives, like Ubuntu or even FreeBSD.

As I'm doing syslog-ng packaging for our most popular platforms (Fedora/CentOS/RHEL, openSUSE/SLES, FreeBSD), I'm curious what to expect on the packaging frontier. What will be our future platforms?

I'm running a poll on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PCzanik/status/1366391907748831235

If your choice is "other", I'd love to know what is that other platform!

Thanks for your feedback,

Peter

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at oneidentity.com>
Balabit (a OneIdentity company) / syslog-ng upstream
https://syslog-ng.com/community/
https://twitter.com/PCzanik