[syslog-ng] Is there any compatibility between ver3.2 and ver3.25 about syslog-ng.conf?

Peter Kokai (pkokai) Peter.Kokai at oneidentity.com
Fri Jun 25 06:46:05 UTC 2021

Hello,

In the project we try not to break any past configuration, thus providing a compatibility. (Not always a success story there)
Upgrading from versionA to versionB in general should work. But we do not provide guarantee that they are in fact compatible, nor there is a document that list configuration changes (well release note recently can help).
In fact, as we do rolling release there is not much support for either of those version. Meaning that we do not do bugfixes for them. We fix bugs on the latest version.

In short:
Is there any compatibility between ver3.2's syslog-ng.conf and ver3.25's syslog-ng.conf?
Yes, should be. But if you run into an issue that likely won't be fixed in 3.25.

--
Kokan