[syslog-ng] Debian/Ubuntu OBS packages: discontinued

Laszlo Budai laszlo.budai at outlook.com
Tue Jun 1 08:20:29 UTC 2021

Hi,

unofficial syslog-ng Debian/Ubuntu OBS[1] packages are discontinued.
The previously built syslog-ng packages are still available (up to version 3.31.2).

Some of you might know that the origin of the repository's name was a kind of joke : at that time I was told that 'we need syslog-ng binary packages', others said: 'we cannot ship binary packages for OSE'. I resolved this conflict by creating an OBS repository under my personal name in my free time... problem solved... at least until now.

This was my personal project, under my personal name, working on it in my free time - and unfortunately I don't have the time for maintaining it anymore.

I'd suggest to migrate to DBLD[2] packages from my OBS repository (if not possible for some reasons, just contact to me and I'm trying to help you).

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:laszlo_budai:syslog-ng
[2] https://www.syslog-ng.com/community/b/blog/posts/dbld-a-syslog-ng-developer-tool-not-just-for-developers

kind regards,

Laszlo Budai