[syslog-ng] query on using throttle in syslog-ng.conf file

SIMON BABY simonkbaby at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:34:49 UTC 2021

Hi Balaza,
I have some more queries below:

1. You mentioned to make sure the file destination has enough buffer space
to avoid message loss if the application emits more messages per second
than the throttle value. So the remaining messages (after the throttle
value) are stored in system RAM ? Is this memory allocated by syslog-ng
process internally? or do we have any syslog-ng configuration parameter to
allocate this much memory?

2. Can I know from which version the disk-buffer feature was added in
syslog-ng ? I am using version 3.0.8.

3. With a disk-buffer, the extra messages can be stored temporarily to any
path (for example: /tmp/message.log). Will this temporary file get deleted
after the complete transfer?

4. Do we have any internal syslog-ng delay timer settings between messages
other than throttle feature?

Thank you for helping.

Regards
Simon