[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng 3.4.5 support question

Attila Szakacs (aszakacs) Attila.Szakacs at oneidentity.com
Mon Feb 1 08:36:05 UTC 2021

Hi Mukesh,

You cannot use if-else or for loop in patterndb, you can only set pattern matching rules, to classify the incoming log messages.

The oldest Admin Guide I have found is for 3.5: https://www.syslog-ng.com/technical-documents/list/syslog-ng-open-source-edition/3.5
Chapter 13 is about patterndb.

Can you tell us your use case? What do you want to achieve by using if-else and for loop in the patterndb xml?

Cheers,
Attila