[syslog-ng] Spurious path, logfile not created; path=

Pal, Laszlo vlad at vlad.hu
Mon Mar 2 16:38:03 UTC 2020

Thank you Bazsi,

This is really strange... only this client affected and not the other
server which also running RHEL5 + PE4. Right now I'm investigating the
issue caused several hours outage and I'm suspicious this behavior can be
related to CPU spike caused freezing the whole machine. Is this possible?

I think I figured out why this happened :)

For this specific log source, I'm using a different destination like this
"/var/log/netlog/app/${HOST}/${PROGRAM}/${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${HOST}-${YEAR}${MONTH}${DAY}.log

I suppose, sometimes $PROGRAM is either empty, or contains strings which
can cause this *Spurious path* issues.... can we say, using $PROGRAM in
local destination is quite dangerous? :)

Thanks
Laszlo