[syslog-ng] request for testing: logrotate scripts in Fedora/RHEL packages

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Tue Jun 16 14:39:54 UTC 2020

The %config(no-replace) does not work for a file that does not yet
exist. The difficulty here is that the logrotate file name is changing from

/etc/logrotate.d/syslog

/etc/logrotate.d/syslog-ng

With the current packaging I would have to "configure" all of my hosts
with the new configuration file BEFORE the syslog-ng package gets
updated. It's doable, but not desirable.

Evan.