[syslog-ng] Disk buffer file truncation issue

Raghunath Adhyapak funduraghu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:52:06 UTC 2020

The last message posted by me about growing file size was actually caused
by heavy spike on incoming end (4x normal traffic). The output bandwidth
was limiting the data being sent out and hence the buffer file was growing.
This correctly correlates to the same thing as mentioned and also is
reflected in read and write head values.
Please excuse me for the false alarm here.

However as described in previous emails, the issue is when the flow of logs
is normal, we have still observed cases where file size is huge.

I will open a separate thread when I observe this again and this time I
will run syslog-ng in debug mode and get the read, write, backlog head
values for getting proper guidance.

Thanks
Raghu