[syslog-ng] Warnings and error while loading default.xml in syslog-ng-3.25.1

Attila Szakacs (aszakacs) Attila.Szakacs at oneidentity.com
Fri Feb 14 07:41:55 UTC 2020

Hi!

WARNING: due to a bug in versions before syslog-ng 3.8numeric comparison operators like '!=' in filter expressions were evaluated as string operators. This is fixed in syslog-ng 3.8. As we are operating in compatibility mode, syslog-ng will exhibit the buggy behaviour as previous versions until you bump the @version value in your configuration file;

^^^ This refers to the syslog-ng.conf file version.

The correct way to resolve it, and fix the buggy behavior of != and ==, should be to change the != operators between strings to neq in your filters.

Regards,
Attila