[syslog-ng] Sylog-ng and F5 Load balancer.

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:28:39 UTC 2020

X-Forwarded-For is an http header, so not applicable to syslog-ng.

If there's indeed a tcp option that would be doable, do you have a
documentation about that?

Also, f5 would not really do load balancing as it assumes that there are
many, short lived connections, whereas syslog is a long term connection.

All an f5 is doing is monitoring the nodes and react if one of them fails.