[syslog-ng] syslog-ng-ctl: EOF occurred while reading control socket

Antal Nemes (anemes) Antal.Nemes at oneidentity.com
Fri Apr 24 09:01:18 UTC 2020

  Hello,

Can you share your syslog-ng version, ivykis version, and a minimal syslog-ng configuration that we can use to reproduce the problem?

Now I just have general ideas. If you are using ivykis < 0.39, then it would be worth updating. There was a problem that timers registered with negative timeout could starve the ivykis loop.
If you are using old version of syslog-ng, it would worth updating that as well. Depending on your configuration, there may be fixes that can affect this (for example deadlock in patterndb).
If you are using "syslog-ng-ctl stats" for sake of healthcheck: you can try to use "syslog-ng-ctl show-license-info" (available sinse syslog-ng 3.18) instead, which uses less resource.

Br,
  Antal