[syslog-ng] Enable SNI (Server Name Identification) in TLS connection

Raghunath Adhyapak funduraghu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 07:05:17 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am using TLS over TCP connection to forward my syslog events to a remote
server.
My remote server uses SNI (Server Name Identification) to route
connections/events to one of the available backend servers.

I observe that syslog-ng doesn't send SNI during TLS handshake.

How can I enable it?

My configuration is as follows:

===================================
source s_net { syslog(transport(udp) port(1514)); };
destination d_tcp {
        tcp(
                "XX.example.net"
                port(96)
                tls(
                        peer-verify(required-untrusted)
                        ca_dir("/etc/syslog-ng/ssl")

key-file("/etc/syslog-ng/ssl/globaltest/XX.example.net.key.pem")

cert-file("/etc/syslog-ng/ssl/globaltest/XX.example.net.cert.pem")
                  )
        );
};
log {
        source(s_net);
        destination(d_tcp);
};

I want syslog-ng to send XX.example.net as SNI to my remote server

Please advise

Thanks
Raghu