[syslog-ng] sub-second time digits all 0

Attila Szakacs (aszakacs) Attila.Szakacs at oneidentity.com
Mon Sep 9 10:58:53 UTC 2019

Hi John,

It seems like, that su and sshd do not provide sub-second timestamp. There cannot be a fix for that from syslog-ng side.

You can choose to discard the timestamps provided by the source, and use the timestamp for the log reception. The 'reception' timestamp has sub-second time information.
Note, that the 'reception' timestamp can differ from the original timestamp.
https://www.syslog-ng.com/technical-documents/doc/syslog-ng-open-source-edition/3.22/administration-guide/keep-timestamp

May I ask you, if there is any particular reason, you are using 3.5.3? There are fresher releases, with a lot of new features and bugfixes.

Best regards,
Attila