[syslog-ng] cleaning up the unofficial rpm repositories

Nik Ambrosch nik at ambrosch.com
Thu Sep 5 15:05:16 UTC 2019

I use the OS-provided syslog-ng version for normal systems but for specific
cases that need a newer version (centralized logging, web servers, etc) I
pin something newer using config management (puppet, chef, etc).  This is
why we mirror the copr repositories.  Considering that fixes are not
back-ported across all of these revisions I feel that one year (or six
revisions) is more than enough.

Your LTS version is usually whatever is maintained by your OS distribution
as opposed to something from the syslog-ng guys, but that's up to them to
decide.