[syslog-ng] Use specific python3 binary file

Armando Martires amartires at smartechnologies.pt
Thu Oct 24 17:00:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

I set up my destination in syslog-ng config file as follows:

     destination d_syslog2snmp {

         program("/apps/syslog-ng/syslog2snmp.py"
template("<${PRI}>${DATE} ${HOST} ${MESSAGE}\n"));

     };

My Script is like this:

     #!/usr/bin/python3
     while True:

         msg = input()
         f = open("/tmp/pysnmp.out","a+")
         f.write(f"{ line  }")
         f.close()

But I'm getting this in loop on my log file:

     Oct 24 17:56:37 lab-srv-slg-v01 syslog-ng[9934]: Child program
exited, restarting; cmdline='/apps/syslog-ng/syslog2snmp.py', status='32256'

I also tried to use a bash script exactly as the manual gives as an
example but I get the same kind of error loop.
Does any one have a clue on how to solve this?

Regards,
Armando Martires