[syslog-ng] Install Syslog-ng OSE into Virtual Machine - RHEL OS

László Pál vlad at vlad.hu
Thu Oct 17 18:57:15 UTC 2019

RHEL and derivatives uses rsyslog by default, so if you plan to use syslog-ng instead, you should remove rsyslog first. Other configs are highly depends on your usecase (like adjust kernel parameters for heavy UDP traffic and so on). Also quite generic people are facing with issues with selinux and firewalld but obviously there are solutions for any of these (other than turning off these services :))

L: