[syslog-ng] unix-stream: ignore non-existent pipe

Sergey a_s_y at sama.ru
Thu Oct 10 15:50:19 UTC 2019

On Wednesday 09 October 2019, Peter Czanik (pczanik) wrote:

> If you use a recent enough syslog-ng (3.6+ or 3.7+) then the
> system() source automatically detects if your system has
> /dev/log or journal and collects logs accordingly.

It is not works with 3.8.1:

Checking syslog-ng configuration: Error parsing source, source plugin system not found in /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf at line 20, column 5:

    system();
    ^^^^^^

# syslog-ng --version
syslog-ng 3.8.1
Installer-Version: 3.8.1
Revision:
Module-Directory: /usr/lib64/syslog-ng
Module-Path: /usr/lib64/syslog-ng
Available-Modules: basicfuncs,cef,graphite,csvparser,linux-kmsg-format,affile,disk-buffer,afprog,sdjournal,afsocket,cryptofuncs,syslogformat,kvformat,system-source,confgen,dbparser,pseudofile,add-contextual-data,afstomp,date,afuser
Enable-Debug: off
Enable-GProf: off
Enable-Memtrace: off
Enable-IPv6: on
Enable-Spoof-Source: on
Enable-TCP-Wrapper: on
Enable-Linux-Caps: off

But it's not very important: it works with 3.22.1. Thanks.
I was building 3.8.1 without systemd libraries. Maybe that's
the reason.

--
Regards, Sergey