[syslog-ng] In-list problem

László Pál vlad at vlad.hu
Thu Oct 3 16:49:40 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a strange (at least to me :) issue. In my new system I’m heavily using in-list in my filters to tell which logs should be forwarded.

In my lists it is sometimes hostnames, sometimes programs sometimes source IP, but it is very erratic. What I think because I’m using it wrong.

What exact pattern matching is used in this feature? Is this posix regex or simply glob?

I have lines like this in my files
1.2..3.4
Host.domain.com
ssh.*
host.*

The problem is, sometimes it is matches sometimes not….

So, my question is how to use it to work properly?

Unfortunately the admin guide is quite poor around this subject

Thanks
Laszlo