[syslog-ng] syntax error when using syslog-ng.conf from debian packaging

Laszlo Szemere (lszemere) Laszlo.Szemere at oneidentity.com
Tue Nov 12 15:23:42 UTC 2019

Hello,
 `tty10` (notice that these are back ticks!) means the string behind the environment variable named tty10.
 Since syslog-ng is complaining about an unexpected closing bracelet, the most likely scenario is that tty10 was not defined in that environment, and it was evaluated to an empty string.

 I have found several issues relating to this. So it would be really helpful if you can share the following details:
- distribution and version of your system
- the source of the installed packages
- the version of the installed packages
- your modification (if there is any) in the config
- the command you executed

Best regards,
Laci