[syslog-ng] Certificate valid, but invalid purpose

W3EUU w3euu at wxwatcher.com
Tue Nov 12 02:56:52 UTC 2019

Running syslog-ng 3.22 OSE on Fedora 31 installation.  I am in the
process of implementing TLS encryption on the remote links.  I have the
links working, including the mutual authentication function.  However, I
am getting the warning "Certificate valid, but purpose is invalid" on
startup.  Since it is a warning, it does not seem to be affecting the
functionality.   The certificates are self signed, with TLS Web Server
Authentication and  TLS Web Client Authentication extensions, among others.

I am unable to find any documentation defining what additional
extensions are needed to silence this warning.  Can anyone tell me what
additional is required?