[syslog-ng] Generating configuration blocks for Option

Peter Kokai (pkokai) Peter.Kokai at oneidentity.com
Thu May 23 13:22:49 UTC 2019

Hello,

@Sezer Baglan: this is just a summary of our e-mails, I got my access to the list back :-)

I think every context that support plugins should be supported via generator plugins as well (such as confgen and block).
As of now the global options (options context) does not work with them, but that is imho a bug, and here is a possible fix for it:

https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/pull/2747

There is also a context called *root*, which is the default (without using and keywords) with that you can replace even the whole config file with some generator script if you want to.

--
kokan