[syslog-ng] Forum upcoming on syslog-ng.com

Hunor Voith (hvoith) Hunor.Voith at oneidentity.com
Tue May 21 05:53:03 UTC 2019

Dear syslog-ng users,

The syslog-ng mailing list has been around for two decades to be a channel for newcomers, enthusiasts and developers to discuss their syslog-ng related topics. It gave place to many interesting and useful exchanges; however, it is also a semi-closed channel, lacking real public visibility.

In this email, we would like to share some information about an upcoming forum on syslog-ng.com, and the future of this mailing list.

We long wanted syslog-ng.com to be a sort of hub for everything syslog-ng related. A forum would be a great place to act as an ever-expanding knowledge base, complementing the extensive technical documentation of syslog-ng.

Currently we have the forum up on the syslog-ng.com staging, and we would like to ask you to give it a spin and provide constructive feedback. To get access, please send an email to hunor.voith@<mailto:hunor.voith at oneidentity.com>oneidentity.com and I will share the access details with you. To pre-populate the forum, previous mailing list content has been (and will be, to an extent) migrated as threaded topics.

We hope that the new platform will encourage more users to actively take part in syslog-ng related conversations. Of course, we will promote it once it is up and running to raise awareness among those who are currently not part of the mailing list community.

We cannot share an exact go-live date with you yet, however, you can expect to see it on the live site in a couple weeks. We will keep you posted.

What happens to the mailing list?

The mailing list would be phased out after the forum goes live. The team is open to constructive feedback and there will no doubt be enhancements further down to road.

--
Hunor Voith
Product Marketing Manager @ syslog-ng