[syslog-ng] Troubleshooting Question

Walter Tienken Walter.Tienken at asu.edu
Mon May 13 21:07:26 UTC 2019

Hi,

Yes, the em1 interface is for our front-end connectivity and the em2 interface is for the F5 LB where traffic is sent through.

By dual stack, I assume you mean IPV4/IPV6 ... in that case, no, only IPV4.

It looks like syslog-ng is listening on all interfaces:

Here is the output of netstat -ulp:

https://gist.github.com/MrTink76/ade770cfe6d497aa50fe820a9c438f54

The part that's throwing me off is "distinct" ... shouldn't that be 9999? You see it is listening on all interfaces and the netstat -anp | grep 9999 here as well:

https://gist.github.com/MrTink76/7741d90831fe4f331abe4630f3a8b29e

Thanks much,

Walter Tienken
walter.tienken at asu.edu