[syslog-ng] feature request idea

Faine, Mark R. (MSFC-IS40)[NICS] mark.faine at nasa.gov
Thu May 9 21:45:03 UTC 2019

Thank you, I'll try that.

-Mark

From: syslog-ng <syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu> On Behalf Of Evan Rempel
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 4:40 PM
To: syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu
Subject: Re: [syslog-ng] feature request idea

This already exists

syslog-ng --syntax-only --cfgfile=my_config_file

On 5/9/19 2:05 PM, Faine, Mark R. (MSFC-IS40)[NICS] wrote:
How hard would it be to make --syntax-only accept a path to a configuration file as an argument?  This would be useful to me since I use an Ansible template module to install the file and it has a validate parameter but it requires an argument for the filename.  It could of course still function normally If no path to a configuration file was provided.

Thanks,
-Mark