[syslog-ng] Information regarding Syslog-ng

Budai, László laszlo.budai at oneidentity.com
Wed May 8 08:34:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

my answers are inline below.

regards,
Laszlo Budai

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:24 AM Nitish Saboo <nitish.saboo55 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask these generic
> questions.Let me know if I have to post these questions on some other forum
> to get the correct information.
>
> 1) What is the latest syslog-ng version ?

OSE: 3.20 (and within a few days we are going to release version 3.21)
PE: 7.0.14

> 2) Does syslog-ng has an enterprise edition , I mean a licensed version or
> It has only community edition ?

Yes, PE (premium edition).
Just check www.syslog-ng.com -> products.

> 3)Does the latest version contain all the bug-fixes ?

Well... the short answer is no.
We cannot say that syslog-ng is absolutely bug-free :)
And we have a 2 month  release cycle. What we can say is that every known
critical bug is fixed and our CI is green before we publish a release.