[syslog-ng] Redhat repo

Nik Ambrosch nik at ambrosch.com
Sun Mar 31 05:19:09 UTC 2019

Not all projects get back-ported bug fixes.  Right now the copy of
syslog-ng in epel gets back-ported bug fixes, I don't know very much about
who maintains that though.

I think a good example of what you have in mind is what Oracle just did
with the Java JDK - a new LTS release (currently JDK 11) will become
available every three years but is supported for eight(ish?) years.  A new
feature release will become available every six months, I don't believe
fixes are back-ported.