[syslog-ng] syslog-ng.conf filter not working

Péter, Kókai peter.kokai at oneidentity.com
Wed Mar 27 07:34:20 UTC 2019

Hello,

Without knowing your logs, it is hard to say anything more. But I would be
really surprised if the issue is with *filter* not working.
You could always run syslog-ng at debug/trace level in order to track which
filter/destination is triggered with a message.

I don't want to push anything here, the only reason I write this note is
that I started sensing a mismatch of what the community can provide and
what you actually expect. If you disagree, just ignore the rest of this
email.

If this is needed for a critical production deployment, I would consider
the paid for syslog-ng Premium Edition offered by One Identity. The Open
Source version of syslog-ng is not supported by a professional support
team, community (that includes some of syslog-ng's developers) is usually
helping on a best effort basis. If you require faster answers (with SLAs),
patched binary packages, or more in-depth guidance, One Identity offers
paid support and/or consultancy services for syslog-ng. See
https://www.syslog-ng.com/register/115497/

Disclaimer: I am employed by One Identity (being a software engineer there).

--

Kokan