[syslog-ng] replacing log statements

Várady, László laszlo.varady at balabit.com
Tue Mar 5 20:20:37 UTC 2019

Hi,

"allow-config-dups" allow to replace some objects. As I understand
> log objects cann't have identifier and cann't be replaced therefore.
> Is it true or I wrong? It would be nice to be able to replace log
> object also.

That is correct. You can think of a "log" block as an operation (not really
an object) that links objects together, creating a path (a directed acyclic
graph). They have no identifiers though.

Could you share your use case, where you wanted to "replace" log blocks?

--
László Várady