[syslog-ng] Ring buffered Log into file or Db

Peter Kokai (pkokai) Peter.Kokai at oneidentity.com
Thu Jun 13 09:17:38 UTC 2019

Hello,

Currently there is no ring buffer destination either utilizing the disk nor the memory; as it cause message loss it was not a demanded feature.
Although it would be an interesting thing to create.

If using python is acceptable you could get some python lib to solve this and plug that into syslog-ng; just to get the feeling to use syslog-ng.

Also I am not sure about sqlite if there is some retention policy able to help you, but if so syslog-ng can save logs to sqlite db.

Depending on your usecase; if you want to both store logs locally and forward them somewhere via network.
There is a disk based queue in syslog-ng, which if it cannot send the messages over network saves the data to disk within the configured size limit.

--
Kokan