[syslog-ng] Get local log files written immediately even if remote log server is unresponsive

Jim Segrave jes at j-e-s.net
Tue Jul 16 13:57:24 UTC 2019

We've mostly resolved the issue (combination of flow control and feeding
syslog-ng from the journald file. Disabling flow control and rate
limiting and setting forward to syslog true almost cures things.

However, there's a serious bug in journald which will cause some number
of logs to disappear without any report of missed forwarding of logs.
I've raised an issue on the github master for systemd

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/13078:
<https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/13078>

Possible bug in journald-syslog.c #13078

I fear that this oversight in systemd/journald is not the only
occurrence of this bug, just the one we're seeing.