[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.19 not processing /dev/log on RH#L6

Szakacs, Attila attila.szakacs at balabit.com
Tue Jan 29 11:26:19 UTC 2019

Hi Evan,

After we fork the process, if the initialization failed in the new deamon,
first we wait for it to exit, then if it did not exit in 3 seconds, we send
SIGTERM, then SIGKILL to it.
If even those signals could not not terminate the process, we let it be,
and start a new. In this case we log the following:
"Initialization failed but the daemon did not exit, even when forced to,
trying to recover"

Could you please check, whether you have seen this log somewhere? (journal,
etc...)

Best regards,
Attila