[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng setup for both RFC3164 and RFC5124

Clayton Dukes cdukes at logzilla.net
Wed Feb 27 03:02:26 UTC 2019

Hi Carlan,
If it helps, here’s what some of our users use for receiving on a local host and forwarding out to a docker container on that same host.
Also, I’m curious about “identical issue with cisco traffic, since it's not RFC compliant” – why do you say that?
(well, I agree that some of their stuff isn’t, but routers, switches and firewalls are as far as I know)

# Local forwarding to LogZilla NEO containers
# Generated on Thu Jan  3 17:49:27 UTC 2019
options {
    chain_hostnames(off);
    flush_lines(10000);
    threaded(yes);
    use_dns(yes); # This should be set to no in high scale environments
    use_fqdn(no);
    keep_hostname(yes);
    dns-cache-size(2000);
    dns-cache-expire(87600);