[syslog-ng] Quoting in filters

Gabor Nagy (gnagy) Gabor.Nagy at oneidentity.com
Mon Aug 5 08:20:09 UTC 2019

I would say, that the rule of thumb is that you should quote where a string is expected in values.
Our grammar accepts strings without quotes, but then it is possible to have collision with config keywords (e.g. syslog is a keyword).

So, in case of netmask(), this one should be used: netmask("127.0.0.1/32").

> I think that maybe some filters, the ones that take strings essentially, are quoted, and not the ones that take numeric data.  Is that correct?

Exactly, just like I described above.

Regards,
Gabor